CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Monday, July 7, 2008

Oh, well.

I went and got weighed in on Saturday and I gained a pound. I wanted to scream because I was so good and watched everything and wrote it down. Why does this weight loss journey need to be so hard and long?

I realized that I have been watching what I have been eating for over a year now. I have lost 46 pounds (actually 45 - but I'm not counting that pound) in a year (not all through weight watchers). That averages out about 3.8 pounds a month, which isn't so bad. I could be over 200 pounds today if I didn't start watching what I ate. I am healthier and happier.

Yesterday afternoon, I played dress up in the attic. I started trying on some of my formal dresses from high school and weddings. All were to big!!!!! Yeah! I'm not at my smallest weight ever right now, but they were big. I love to dress up in formal dresses - I should be a queen in a far away country, so I can dress up like that often. Well I do have royal blood, since being prom queen (but I never got a tiara for that, just roses, I would have rather had a tiara! - I need to get over that). Maybe I should just dress up once a week and walk around Lancaster that way. Do you think anyone would mind? I could imagine that looks I would get.

4 comments:

Pam

well, I wish I was a Princess myself. How cool would that be! So I understand you on that one!

Don't beat yourself up over the weight! One pound isn't a big deal. I need to start looking at my eating again- I gained back 6 pounds of my lost weight. I don't want to put it all back on.

You look great though and I know you are not where you want to be with it all, but you are doing great! I'm so happy for you!

Anonymous

i miss going to dances where we can dress up 2. at prom time i always look thru the dresses and sigh. i wanted my nephew to take me to the military ball last year, but he wouldn't.
and don't worry about the pound. maybe it was muscle :)

Jen

Lol You make me laugh! That's awesome that your dresses were too big. I can tell you my dresses from high school wouldn't fit over my left thigh, so CONGRATS!

Renee

One day,you will have your tiara!