CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Wednesday, July 23, 2008

I need a dose of Motivation...

Wouldn't it be great to be able to buy motivation in a bottle?  I'm starting to get soooooooooooooooo frustrated with losing weight.  I have been watching and watching and I'm just not going anywhere.  I even dropped a point to see if that made a difference, but nope.  

I know I should be happy with what I have lost already - 46 pounds is awesome, but I'm being greedy and want more.  Yes, I'm healthier and am able to do more.  

Why does it have to be so hard?  Why is it so easy to gain?  Why do some people have it so easy and don't gain an ounce?  Why am I asking why?  

Right now I feel like giving up and just eating whatever I want, but I know that isn't the answer.  I know I need to keep working and I know it is a life change.  Just working like this for over a year is hard.  I want to eat a big ass piece of cheesecake with chocolate chips,  I want to eat 4 pieces of pizza instead of one, I would love to have some Lancaster Brewing Company Strawberry wheat beer (I LIKE BEER!), I want some Burger King onion rings with zesty dipping sauce, I would love a whopper with extra pickles and no tomatoes, a couple white russians, a little bit of candy (not a big candy fan) and the list can go on.  

I guess I should stop being a poppy head and get over it.  

On another note - I have 3 pillow cases done.  I'll have to post pictures soon.

3 comments:

Pam

well, now I want to eat those things too! ;)

maybe you should take a day to splurge and indulge. Don't go crazy- maybe just half your list ;) But give yourself permission to have some of those things and then you can start again. A day break may be what you need to refocus.

It is just a though- of course you should do what you feel is best!

Kelly

Ok you can tell you'r a mommy and a teacher that you called yourself a poopy head. Too funny.

And I agree with Pam. Maybe one day of splurging will help you refocus a little.

Either way, Congrats on the 40+ loss. That shows dedication and success!

Lorie

You know they say in the dieting world that you should not deprive yourself and so if you are craving those things, eat a smaller portion of it. Don't lower your points, they say don't do that. Are you exercising? Have you thought about changing to CORE instead of Flex? Those are just some ideas I hear when people plautau. Also, you got to stay postive, as hard as that may sound, it really helps when we keep a positive attitude. I don't know what religion you are, but I take my weight loss worries to the Lord in prayer every morning and at night. I really believe in prayer and think it changes things. Pray for the support you need to make your weight loss goals. Also I have a list of 5 reasons I want to lose weight and I repeat those to myself each day to help me stay focused. I hope I've helped you some. E-mail me anytime if you just need to talk, I'm here.