CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Wednesday, July 30, 2008

Doing better

I have had a better outlook this week about my motivation.  Thanks for the comments, they helped a lot.  I didn't splurge, but did a weekend of not counting points and made good choices (had a s'more - ahhhh sooooo good).  I guess the true effect will be seen Saturday when I go and get weighed in.  I also decided to cut one habit that I have and that is the scale in the bathroom.  I'm a person who weights themselves about 3 times a day and I know that is the wrong thing to do.  So, I have not stepped on the scale all week and I have been writing everything down.  Everyday I look at that scale and have a battle in my mind (should I, no, Should, no).  But, I have been good.  I have to admit it is an obsession a bad one.  I stress out if I don't see the numbers move - I need to stop that.  Maybe I'll ask hubby to hide the scale on me. I think that is a good idea.
We head off to the beach with family and friends Saturday.  I'm hoping I can do a great job.  I'm kind of scared because I'll spending time with my family - the people who helped start some of the bad eating habits that I have become accustomed to over time.  My mom is also on weight watchers, so hopefully that will help.  Maybe I'll help her too.  We need to make it a team effort.  I know I am always figuring out and counting points.  I don't see her do it to often, but she might have a way that works for her (she might record later).  Hopefully we can pull through it together
I'm kind of excited to wear my new bathing suit (brown with teal polk-a-dots - very cute).  Yes, of course it has a skirt bottom, but hey when you have a nest of spider veins on your legs you try to hide them (is there surgery to correct that?) as best as you can.  I usually don't admit clothing size, but I'm going to now.  My suit is a 12 (probably could have gotten away with a 10 - but I wanted length on the skirt!), better than that size 18/20 women's I wore last year.  Typing that actually made me feel good.  I don't have to buy in the women's department anymore!!!!  WOW!!!!  YEAH!!


2 comments:

Amy W

You can get through these last pounds....I did WW almost two years ago and lost 60, and those last 20 were the hardest (especially since they were right around the holidays), but I know you can do it!

Anonymous

good for u and ur success. remember to...walking on the beach is good excercise, u have some resistance there. so if u do slip up a bit u are a lil safe. and u will sweat off how many pounds in the sun!!